Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has joined all Blue plans around the country in offering free identity protection services to their customers.
The services, which are available through a partnership with AllClear ID, a national vendor specializing in identity protection, include:
- Credit monitoring (this is not the same thing as credit score reporting)
- Fraud protection
- Identity repair, you are the victim of identity theft
While these services are available to Blue Cross customers, the protection extends beyond health information and claims data. If your credit or identity is at risk because of a store’s data breach or because your credit card is stolen, these services will protect you.
Do you want to get identity protection services in 2017 with AllClear ID? Here’s how:
- If you enrolled with AllClear ID during 2016, you don’t need to re-enroll, you just need to renew. AllClear ID will check in with you to make sure you still want the services. If you do, you will be renewed.
- If you have never signed up for these services but want them in 2017, you need to opt in. You will not get these services automatically. There are two ways you can do this:
- Going to the website enroll.allclearid.com and entering the code “BCBSLA17;” or
- Calling 1-855-229-0079 and asking to enroll for identity protection services, using the code “BCBSLA17“
You only need to enroll one time and renew each year to be covered for free as long as you remain an eligible Blue Cross customer.
If you want more information about these services, visit bcbsla.com/allclear
Effective January 1, most Blue Cross plans offer FREE identity protection services to eligible members.
Are you eligible for identity protection services?
Active Blue Cross or HMO Louisiana group and individual members are eligible for free identity protection services. Members will not need to pay anything extra to sign up. Members are eligible as soon as their Blue Cross plans are effective, and are covered as long as they remain an active member.
You are not eligible for these services if you are on Medicare, Medicaid or Federal Employee Program.
Identity Repair Services
Identity repair is automatically available as needed. If you become a victim of identity theft, an AllClear investigator will act as your guide and advocate from start to finish until the issue is resolved.
Ongoing Identity Theft & Credit Monitoring Services
You must enroll in ongoing monitoring services; you will not be automatically enrolled. Enrollees will get:
- Identity theft monitoring fraud protection services, in which data such as credit card numbers and Social Security numbers are scanned against data sources from security researchers that contain stolen and compromised data, to look for any indication that your data has been used inappropriately.
- Credit monitoring services, which alert you if banks and creditors use your identity to open new credit accounts.
Sign up online at http://www.enroll.allclearid.com or call 1-855-229-0079 and enter the code “BCBSLA16.”
Humana Dental commercial group members now have the convenience of a digital member ID card.
Why is a digital card better than a paper card? Here are a few reasons:
- By accessing a digital ID card, members don’t have to keep the paper version in their wallet anymore
- Online means up-to-date. As soon as an account with Humana Dental is updated, the digital ID card is updated
- Members can email or fax a copy of the card to a provider
- Members can print copies to give to providers
- A digital ID is environment- friendly by reducing the production of a plastic products
How to access the card?
All members: To access a PDF or print or email a Humana Dental ID card, sign in to MyHumana. Once signed in to MyHumana, access the digital card from the Access ID Card link. If the member is not registered with a password and user ID yet, it’s simple to follow the steps to set this up from Humana.com
Smartphone users: Is a smartphone user, members can view or fax an ID card from the MyHumana mobile app. To search for the app, visit an app store and search by typing “MyHumana.” Once you launch the app and securely sign in, a Humana Dental ID card will appear on the phone under the tooth icon.
Still want a card?
You can still get a physical card. Here’s how:
- Members can go to MyHumana and locate the card from the Access ID Card link and print directly from the site.
- The Benefit Administrator can print the card via Employer Portal.
What if a member can’t locate the card or find the app?
Contact Humana via MyHumana secure email or through their toll-free number, 1-800-233-4013.