Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has joined all Blue plans around the country in offering free identity protection services to their customers.
The services, which are available through a partnership with AllClear ID, a national vendor specializing in identity protection, include:
- Credit monitoring (this is not the same thing as credit score reporting)
- Fraud protection
- Identity repair, you are the victim of identity theft
While these services are available to Blue Cross customers, the protection extends beyond health information and claims data. If your credit or identity is at risk because of a store’s data breach or because your credit card is stolen, these services will protect you.
Do you want to get identity protection services in 2017 with AllClear ID? Here’s how:
- If you enrolled with AllClear ID during 2016, you don’t need to re-enroll, you just need to renew. AllClear ID will check in with you to make sure you still want the services. If you do, you will be renewed.
- If you have never signed up for these services but want them in 2017, you need to opt in. You will not get these services automatically. There are two ways you can do this:
- Going to the website enroll.allclearid.com and entering the code “BCBSLA17;” or
- Calling 1-855-229-0079 and asking to enroll for identity protection services, using the code “BCBSLA17“
You only need to enroll one time and renew each year to be covered for free as long as you remain an eligible Blue Cross customer.
If you want more information about these services, visit bcbsla.com/allclear