Don’t be afraid! You don’t have to navigate insurance alone this year.
Schedule your appointment today so we can help you with your enrollment.
Let’s Set a Date
EVERYONE needs to schedule a phone call appointment to re-enroll for 2018 coverage.
The Only Exceptions:
- Medicare Supplement plan holders
- Individuals with grandfathered plans
- If you have coverage through your employer
THE countdown HAS BEGUN!
We aren’t just counting down to Halloween! Our office is gearing up for the 2018 Open Enrollment season and we need you to get ready as well!
Choosing the wrong insurance plan can haunt you. Let us help you choose the best policy for your needs.
WHAT’S changing in 2018:
Humana is discontinuing their individual plans for 2018. If you are currently enrolled with Humana we will help you choose a new insurance company during our phone call.
BE prepared! (MUAHAHA)
Here are a few things we will need you to have prepared for our phone call:
- 2018 estimated household income. Make sure to include every person that is on your tax return.
- Who will you claim on your 2018 tax return?
- Married? As a reminder, you must file a joint tax return with your spouse.
- Does your employer or spouse’s employer offer group health insurance? If so, what is the cost for the employee only coverage?
- Does your income fall between 138% and 400% of the FPL according to your tax size household?
D O N ‘ T . G E T . S P O O K E D !
Our time frame is super short this year, so we are setting appointments NOW. We have between NOVEMBER 1st and DECEMBER 15th to make changes that will go into effect JANUARY 1st.
Please click the link below or call our offices to schedule your appointment TODAY!
Appointments will be scheduled every 30 minutes so we’ve got to talk fast and make a decision quick. Being prepared is a MUST this year!
We are happy and honored that you continue to choose us as your insurance broker. We strive to give you the best possible service before, during and after the enrollment. We love our clients and hope to make this enrollment season super easy for you.
Please show us plenty of grace and mercy as we help you, our valued clients, with this nearly impossible task of re-enrolling over 1,000 clients in 6 weeks. Have you done the math? Yeah… that’s 45 clients per day including Saturday and Sunday. Oh my…
We Love Our Clients!
Trish & Tori Freeman, The Insurance Lady
What is Life Insurance?
Life Insurance protects those who depend on your paycheck. If you were to die prematurely, life insurance provides your dependents with ongoing income to replace yours until (or unless) they can live comfortably without it. It can also provide a timely emergency fund for medical, legal and funeral costs should family savings not be adequate to cover them.
Why do I need Life Insurance?
No one likes to think about losing a loved one, but it is our duty to protect those we love even if we are no longer there. Most people look at Life Insurance as a luxury but if you have a family, what is going to happen to them if you prematurely pass away? Who is going to replace that income gap? Life Insurance is not for you, it is for those you leave behind.
Types of Life Insurance:
- TERM LIFE: Covers the insured for a limited amount of time. Generally offers the most amount of coverage for the least amount of money
- WHOLE LIFE: Also known as permanent insurance. Provides insurance for life guaranteed at death as long as you pay your premiums.
- UNIVERSAL LIFE: A flexible option that lets you vary your premium payments. After the first premium you can usually make payments at any time. If you have extra money, you can pay more. If you cannot afford to make a payment, you can skip it or pay less.
What is a Rider?
A rider allows the insured to customize their plan to better fit thier needs. It is a clause / provision in the policy that would provide added supplemental protection at an additional cost.
Types of Riders:
- ACCIDENTAL DEATH BENEFIT: Allows for added benefit to be paid out if the insured’s death was accidental. This rider can double or triple the face value of the policy without having to pay 2x/3x as much in premiums.
- WAIVER OF PREMIUM: A waiver that will allow the policy to remain active even if the insured can no longer work to pay the premiums due to disability.
- TERM CONVERSION RIDER: This rider lets you convert term life into whole life without going through a medical exam.
- ACCELERATED DEATH BENEFIT: The rider lets you collect a portion od the policy’s death benefit if you become terminally ill with a short life expectancy, such as one year.
- CHILDREN’S LIFE: This rider provides coverage for final expenses in case the unthinkable happens and you lose a child. It will provide coverage to pay for the funeral expenses.
- GUARANTEED INSURABILITY: This rider lets you purchase additional life insurance coverage at a later date without undergoing a medical exam or providing any evidence about your insurability.
TRISH FREEMAN INSURANCE SERVICES IS EXCITED TO INTRODUCE THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE INSURANCE LADY TEAM. TORI FREEMAN, THE INSURANCE LADY’S DAUGHTER, HAS EARNED HER INSURANCE LICENSE AND WILL NOW HEAD UP THE TEAM IN INDIVIDUAL AND SMALL GROUP SALES DURING THIS UPCOMING OPEN ENROLLMENT SEASON. AT 24, TORI BRINGS A FRESH, ENERGETIC SPIRIT TO THE WORLD OF INSURANCE. INSURANCE LADY2, AS WE LIKE TO CALL IT, IS EVOLVING TO INCLUDE PRODUCTS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO MILLENNIALS. PET INSURANCE, IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION AND TRAVEL INSURANCE JUST TO NAME A FEW.
TRISH FREEMAN HAS CREATED A LEGACY OF EXCELLENCE OVER THE PAST 25 YEARS. THE INSURANCE LADY’S PHILOSOPHY IS TO TAKE EXTRAORDINARY CARE OF HER CLIENTS AS IF THEY WERE FAMILY. HERE ARE TRISH FREEMAN INSURANCE SERVICES, WE MAKE IT A POINT TO BECOME PART OF OUR CLIENTS’ LIVES. WE LOVE BEING A PART OF THE WEDDINGS, BABY SHOWERS AND BIRTHDAY PARTIES TO DEVELOP THOSE PERSONAL FRIENDSHIPS. OUR FAMILY FOCUSED BUSINESS BRINGS A PERSONAL TOUCH THAT GOES FAR BEYOND YOUR TYPICAL INSURANCE AGENCY. WE ARE EXCITED TO TRAIN UP TORI AND WE KNOW SHE WILL CONTINUE TO GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR EACH AND EVERY CLIENT WE HAVE.
When you require legal advice, you contact a lawyer, and when a health issue arises, you visit your doctor, so when you need assistance with your insurance coverage, you need to use an industry expert. In addition to having many years of experience in the industry, independent insurance agents work with many different insurance companies and are knowledgeable about their individual strengths. Although one insurance company may provide unmatched claims service, another may offer more competitive rates. Based on what is most important to you, an independent agent will find the best match for you.
- We write 1,000’s of policies each year and know the quickest way to get in and out of the system.
- We know the insurance lingo – we are the experts.
- We know which plans are best within each company.
- We do the research and leg work for you. We study the plans each year BEFORE talking to you.
- We know the Louisiana insurance market. The MarketPlace does not, nor are they licensed insurance agents.
2. Customer Service
If you have coverage questions or worse, need help with a claim, would you rather reach an automated recording or an actual person when you call? More and more companies have switched to automated systems, often making it difficult and time consuming to reach the right person. However, at many independent insurance agencies, an actual person will still greet and assist you.
- We make sure you get the benefits you need.
- We want a long-term relationship with you.
- We are there to assist you all year long. You have one point of contact and one person to help you solve any issues that may arise.
3. Personal Shoppers
Working with an independent insurance agent can be compared to having a personal shopper. Similar to the way in which a real estate agent sorts through properties to help you find your ideal home, an insurance agent reviews many different insurance companies’ rates and coverage options to help you secure policies that best suit your needs. You may believe that this comes at an additional cost to you, but independent agents do not add extra charges to insurance companies’ rates. So you can choose to work with an independent agent, who will handle your coverage needs, assist you with claims and answer any questions you may have, from billing issues to coverage concerns, always advocating on your behalf, at no additional cost to you.
Independent insurance agents understand that insurance can seem complicated and confusing, especially when you don’t deal with it on a daily basis. For this reason, your insurance agent will work to ensure that you fully understand your coverage, from what is and is not included, to the deductibles, coinsurance and copayments. After you purchase your policies, an independent agent’s work isn’t over – instead, we are available year-round to help answer your questions, update your policy and make coverage recommendations.
Reputation plays a crucial role in finding a company you can trust, and many independent agencies take pride in the years, if not decades, they have spent serving their local communities. Not only can a company’s many years of service speak to its well-established reputation in the community, but it can also help you feel confident about its financial stability. Although there are many different ways to obtain insurance, would you rather obtain a quote from a startup Internet-based insurance provider that advertised on television, or call a local agent who your friends, co-workers and neighbors could recommend?
6. Protection & Peace of Mind
Above all, working with an independent insurance agent will provide you with peace of mind, knowing that when you save money on your insurance, it won’t come at the expense of comprehensive coverage. When it comes to protecting your home, family, business and other invaluable assets, relying on an independent agent you can trust is a great place to start.
We have attached the NEW Blue Cross Employee Enrollment Forms. You MUST use this form for all employees with effective dates for 7/1/17 and after.
Members with Vantage Health Plan insurance can now schedule appointments and receive treatment at any location across the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System.
Effective May 1, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette and St. Elizabeth Hospital in Gonzales have joined other health system facilities, physician groups and ancillary providers as in-network providers for Vantage Health Plan.
St. Francis Medical Center in Monroe and Our Lady of the Angels in Bogalusa, also members of Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, will continue to serve as in-network providers for Vantage Health Plan.
Vantage Health Plan provides commercial and Medicare Advantage coverage throughout Louisiana, including to the Office of Group Benefits and the individuals selecting coverage on the Affordable Care Act marketplace or Exchange.
Notable hospitals and clinics added as in-network providers to Vantage Health Plan coverage include:
Baton Rouge Region
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group
- Louisiana Cardiology Associates
- St. Elizabeth Hospital
- St. Elizabeth Physician Group
- Assumption Community Hospital
- Assumption Rural Health Clinic
- Outpatient Cath Lab
- Health Centers in Schools
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
- Our Lady of Lourdes Physician Group
- Heart Hospital of Lafayette
- Northside High School Based Clinic
- Pontchartrain Surgery Center
- Southern Surgical Hospital
For more information regarding in-network providers, you may go online http://www.vantagehealthplan.com or call 888-823-1910.