Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and HMO Louisiana members can use the code BCBSmember to get $5 off the registration fee for the 39th Annual Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic 10k.
The Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic 10k road race is held in New Orleans on the Saturday before Easter Sunday each year. The Classic is locally produced by the Crescent City Fitness Foundation, and is a great way to get in shape while having fun! Both runners and walkers of all abilities are invited to participate in the race.
The 10-kilometer course (6.2 miles) begins in Downtown New Orleans in front of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, runs participants through the French Quarter, and then all the way up beautiful Esplanade Avenue to New Orleans City Park.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 – 8:00 am
BCBS Member discount: BCBSmember for $5 off
To register and for more information, visit http://www.ccc10k.com/crescent-city-classic-10k.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has joined all Blue plans around the country in offering free identity protection services to their customers.
The services, which are available through a partnership with AllClear ID, a national vendor specializing in identity protection, include:
- Credit monitoring (this is not the same thing as credit score reporting)
- Fraud protection
- Identity repair, you are the victim of identity theft
While these services are available to Blue Cross customers, the protection extends beyond health information and claims data. If your credit or identity is at risk because of a store’s data breach or because your credit card is stolen, these services will protect you.
Do you want to get identity protection services in 2017 with AllClear ID? Here’s how:
- If you enrolled with AllClear ID during 2016, you don’t need to re-enroll, you just need to renew. AllClear ID will check in with you to make sure you still want the services. If you do, you will be renewed.
- If you have never signed up for these services but want them in 2017, you need to opt in. You will not get these services automatically. There are two ways you can do this:
- Going to the website enroll.allclearid.com and entering the code “BCBSLA17;” or
- Calling 1-855-229-0079 and asking to enroll for identity protection services, using the code “BCBSLA17“
You only need to enroll one time and renew each year to be covered for free as long as you remain an eligible Blue Cross customer.
If you want more information about these services, visit bcbsla.com/allclear
Through Feb. 28, 2017, Blue365 members can save money while getting fit! Healthways Fitness Your Way has waived the $25 enrollment fee to 9,500+ gyms nationwide for the month of February only. With the enrollment fee waived, gym membership is only $25 per month (plus local tax), with a 3-month commitment.
Healthways Fitness Your Way through Blue365 is one of the most flexible, affordable and accessible ways to adopt a healthy lifestyle and remain committed to it. It’s easy to enroll:
- Go to Blue365Deals.com/BCBSLA and click Log In or Register.
- Under Fitness select Healthways Fitness Your Way and click on Redeem Now.
- You’ll be directed to the Healthways Fitness Your Way landing page where you can:
- Find fitness locations by zip code
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions before enrolling
- Enter the code FebFit17 at checkout to waive your enrollment fee
For more information on the program click here.
BlueCare is now available 24/7 to let customers have online doctor visits using a computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone or other internet-accessible device with a camera.
Telemedicine services are a benefit for all fully insured group and individual customers. The services are offered at the same cost share as a primary care physician-level office visit.
BlueCare and telemedicine offer customers expanded access to care outside of their doctors’ usual office hours, with greater convenience and at a lower cost than the emergency room. Since Blue Cross recently raised co-pays on ER visits up to $350 (previously from $150-$200, depending on plan type) across all non-grandfathered fully insured plans in 2017, BlueCare can be a good way for customers to get treatment for minor health issues and keep their out-of-pocket costs in line.
Some common conditions treated by telemedicine include cough or cold, bladder infections, mild stomach viruses, pink eye, rashes, allergies or sinusitis. Telemedicine can also be used for follow-up care and, in some cases, medication refills.
How do customers use BlueCare?
BlueCare is online at www.BlueCareLA.com. To have an online visit, customers need to use a laptop, desktop computer or other internet-accessible device with audiovisual capability so they can see and speak with the doctor. They can find out if a device is going to work for BlueCare before a visit by using the “Test Computer” link in the top-right corner of www.BlueCareLA.com.
- To use BlueCare from a smartphone or tablet, customers can download the BlueCare app for Android and Apple devices by searching for “BlueCare” (one word) in the Apple App Store or Google Play. Statistically, most users prefer accessing telemedicine services via mobile app.
- On the first visit, customers will create a member account with a log-in ID and password that they will use each time they use BlueCare. They can create the account using the web-based site (www.BlueCareLA.com) or the BlueCare mobile app, and use the same log-in information for both.
- Once logged into the BlueCare site, customers will see a list of doctors available to treat them and can choose the one they want to see. Each BlueCare doctor has a short biography describing his/her experience, languages spoken, etc., which is posted on the site. All physicians are U.S. trained and board certified.
How much does BlueCare cost?
All Blue Cross customers can use BlueCare by paying a flat fee, typically $39, at the time of the visit. Depending on the telemedicine benefits that are included on their plans (typically the same cost share as a PCP office visit), customers may receive a refund from Blue Cross once the claim has processed.
Who do I call if I am having trouble with BlueCare?
If you are having a technical problem with the www.BlueCareLA.com website or the BlueCare app for Android and Apple devices, call 1-855-269-3554 or email BlueCareSupport@americanwell.com.
How can I learn more about BlueCare?
According to chief financial analyst, Greg McBride,
“It doesn’t make sense to go without health insurance. A healthy 30-year-old could break their leg tomorrow.”
Under Affordable Care Act guidelines, Americans without health insurance may face a tax penalty.
The flip side is, you may also qualify for subsidies that bring down the price of a health plan.
All Blue Cross Groups MUST use the NEW Blue Cross Employee Enrollment Forms for all employees with effective dates for 1/1/17 and after.
To view or download the form visit the link: 2017 Employee Enrollment Change Form